Friday, May 12, 2006

Latest Bluebird update

Here is a picture of the female and the male Bluebird. When we put mealworms on the railing of the deck the male usually gets to them first. But often he puts 5 or 6 mealworms in his beak crossways and then the female lands and begs and he feeds the mealworms to her. Nice guy!

Here is the female sitting on the nest. Yesterday I opened the nest box to check on it and the female didn't fly. There are 5 eggs. Today when I approached the box the female flew out and both the male and the female dive bombed me while I was near the nest. They zoomed past my head and made a clicking sound as they just missed me. That wasn't very nice to their mealworm supplier.

1 comment:

Random Profiler said...

Dive-bombing the hand that feeds them? Typical bluebirds. ;) I can't wait to see pictures of the babies!!