Thursday, April 03, 2008

The Best Rainbow ever.

As you may know, last year was a record drought year for many areas, especially the southeastern U.S.

The state of Georgia is even getting so crazy that they want to move the state line about a mile north so they can suck water out of the Tennessee River. They claim that the southern Tennessee state line was surveyed incorrectly a couple of hundred years ago. If Georgia got their way Chattanooga and part of Memphis would drop down into Georgia and Mississippi. Now I think we might give up Memphis without a fight, but the Tennessee River and Chattanooga are a different story. Tennessee Governor Bredesen announced that Tennessee will protect her borders and the mayor of Chattanooga sent the Georgia State Legislature some bottled water to get them through.

But the good news is that the southeast has been getting some nice rain the past week or so and more is predicted in the near future.

Yesterday we had a brief rain shower and as I was looking out the front window I noticed that the sun was shining very brightly while it was raining. I grabbed my camera and looked out the back to see if there was a rainbow. Wow! There was the best rainbow that I had ever seen. I have seen some nice rainbows and even several double rainbows but never any as big and bright as this one. It looks pretty good in the picture above but not nearly as good as it looked in person.

I could see exactly where the end was shining in the woods in the valley below my house but I didn't go looking for the pot of gold. I figured the odds were about the same as a lottery ticket.

No comments: